Friday, November 23, 2012

Jude Law talks about ‘womanizer’ and ‘sex symbol’ labels


Jude Law has been labeled ‘womanizer’ by many people, and he just doesn’t understand why the label refuses to go away.  Even though the allegations of him cheating on Sienna Miller with his children’s nanny were a long time ago, it seems that people can’t seem to let go, but Jude continues to insist that he is ‘faithful’.



In an interview with NDTV, he says, "I've been in committed long-term relationships most of my life and I'm a faithful soul. That's why terms like 'womanizer' and 'sex symbol' don't really apply to me. It just goes to show that people don't understand me at all." He adds, “I'm someone who loves to give. I'm very sociable. Respect for others is very important to me. My father often told me: 'Be aware that there's people around you who are better than you and people who are worse than you.' I think that's a good rule to live by."It’s interesting that he’s discussing this as he promotes ‘Anna Karenina’, where he plays a husband who is cheated on, instead of the other way around.  Although he insists he took the role to avoid typecasting, it seems as if he may have subconsciously also wanted to change people’s perceptions of him.  Of taking the role, he says, "I consciously decided to take that part, because it would be ridiculous to play the juvenile lover at 39."

2 comments:

  1. I have read the biography a journalist wrote about Law a few years ago and Law said the same thing then and even before his affair. He is such a great actor and he never wanted to be thought of in any way other than that. Although we all do still agree he is extremely handsome. :)

    ReplyDelete

Buy Jude Law Movies!